Companion Care Giver
Responsible for non-medical, in-home support services which provide for the comfort, safety, and general supervision of clients as well as home management services. Provide companionship to those individuals requiring socialization and/or minimum guidance to assure a safe, protected, clean, and orderly environment. Provide general attention to clients’ non-medical needs in accordance with an established Plan of Care.
- Perform duties as assigned on the client’s Plan of Care.
- Provide for a clean, safe, and healthy environment for clients and family members with light housekeeping tasks including laundering of client’s clothing, linens and changing the bed.
- Assist in nutritional needs by providing meal planning, meal preparation, grocery shopping, dishes, and kitchen clean-up.
- Incidental transportation in personal or client’s vehicle for errands, shopping, medical appointments, social and recreational activities.
- Remind client to take self-administered medications.
- Observe and report any changes in the client’s mental, physical, or emotional condition or home situation as directed by office policy in a timely manner.
- Participate in in-service and continuing education programs, staff meetings, and client conferences as requested.
- Complete required documentation of services delivered and submit to office in a timely manner according to policy.
- Use equipment and supplies safely and properly.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding client information.
- Other reasonable related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Six months of full time/part time experience providing comparable work preferably in a home setting.
- Previous experience working with the elderly or disabled is preferred.
- Must be bondable and meet or exceed minimum qualifications for each of the following background checks:
- Criminal Background Investigation,
- Motor Vehicle Driving Record,
- Professional and Personal Reference Checks
- Must have a valid drivers’ license and a reliable insured vehicle.
- Must be able to fulfill assignments with reliability and punctuality.
- Must satisfactorily complete Comfort Keepers training and orientation program.
- Must accept responsibility for learning and adhering to Comfort Keepers policies and procedures, be able to function in the home setting with minimal direct supervision and maintain satisfactory relationships with administrative staff, clients, and family members.
- Must be genuinely concerned about helping people and have high moral standards of honesty and integrity.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and document services provided.
- Ability to speak clearly so others can understand.
- Must exhibit excellent interpersonal skills.
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with HIPAA privacy regulations.
- Must be willing to service both male and female clients.
- Client home setting
- Contact with blood or other body fluids may pose a risk for exposure to blood borne pathogens and infectious diseases.
Position Physical Demands
- Requires moderate physical exertion on a regular and recurring basis, such as driving, assisting clients intransfer activities, ambulation, and light housekeeping.
- Regularly required to stand, sit, walk, talk, hear, see, reach, kneel, and crouch.
- Lifting only up to 25 pounds is permitted and may be required
Are you an experienced elder care provider who enjoys making a difference in the lives of others? We want to hear from you! I The demand for individuals to fill jobs providing elderly care at home increases every year. At Comfort Keepers, we adhere to strict employment standards to ensure our clients receive the best care from individuals who are well suited to provide elderly care at home in a compassionate and understanding manner. Caregiving includes a number of services, such as personal care like toileting, bathing and dressing clients, assistance with household chores such as light housekeeping, laundry and errand running, meal preparation and more.
All of our care aides are bonded and insured and must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. We require all employees to pass a drug screening and background tests.
We offer a variety of opportunities to serve the seniors and members of the Edison, NJ community. If you are interested in a rewarding career with a flexible schedule that can allow you to have a positive impact on the lives of others, consider becoming a Comfort Keepers care aide. Our companion care workers are truly kind and loving individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of the many homecare clients we serve. Find out more about open positions we have available in our Edison, NJ office providing elderly care at home today. Ready to apply? Submit your application today!
Comfort Keepers Edison provides in home care and senior care services in the following cities in New Jersey:
Avenel, Carteret, Colonia, Edison, Highland Park, Iselin, Keasbey, Menlo Park, Metuchen, New Brunswick, Parlin, Perth Amboy, Rahway, Sayreville, South River, and South Amboy, New Jersey